Cople Episcopal Parish

Click here to edit subtitle

Nomini Church

The first Nomini Church (then spelled Nominy) was erected on the west side of Nomini Creek but its exact location is not known. Its site is believed to have been between Nomini Creek and Templeman's Crossroads, not too far distant from the creek. It was standing in 1699 because records show that it was used then as a datum point or base point for surveys of adjacent lands.